Tamron leverages its expertise in optics to make far-reaching environmental and social contributions. ISO (International Organization for Standardisation) standards include the ISO 9000 family of standards relating to quality system management, and the ISO 14000 series for certification of environmental management systems.
ISO 9001 Quality Control Policy: Provide customer satisfaction by delivering high-quality products. Tamron’s manufacturing processes are certified to demanding ISO 9001 standards, an internationally recognised proof of the most thorough quality control.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Philosophy: Tamron has been assertively addressing concerns about the earth’s environment through the reduction of environmental load in business operations based on the ISO 14001. Specifically, Tamron has promoted the “Green Procurement” policy for abrogating harmful substances from the beginning and reinforcing positive environmental programs. We have addressed such issues as energy savings and waste reduction and recycling for reducing environmental loads generated from the manufacture of our products. Since 2004 Tamron has issued Environmental Reports to introduce its socially responsible philosophy and practices for environmental preservation. Furthermore, each Tamron employee is fully committed to the preservation of the global environment at every level and for each facet of company activities. Tamron seeks to act in accordance with ISO 14001 fundamentals:
- Compliance with legislation relevant to environmental conservation
- Conservation and protection of natural resources
- Prevention of environmental contamination
- Continued promotion of an environmental conservation program
- Promotion of design philosophy and development of environmentally friendly products to contribute to environmental protection
- Promotion of environmental education
- Disclosure of environment-related information to the public